Good morning! It’s time to chat over coffee…and ponder the New Year ahead. Check in over at Bookishly Boisterous to connect with others.
- Here are a few of my posts: My New One Word: Hope...; Hope: More Important Than Ever; My One Word That Guides Me.
- By next week, I will choose another One Word…but at the moment, I am on the fence about what it will be.
- I took a photo of one of my figurines that could represent my next One Word. As you might be able to tell, it will have something to do with family, friendship, or other connections:
- My book progress this week was minimal, once I finished the first one: Dead of Winter, by Wendy Corsi Staub (click for review).
- Currently reading my second book, a NetGalley ARC: The Girls in the Picture, by Melanie Benjamin. The story follows the lives of two women in Old Hollywood: Frances Marion and Mary Pickford. The pages are turning slowly, as I find myself easily distracted.
- I have noticed that mysteries and thrillers keep me moving along, while other genres may or may not capture me fully.
- Coming up this weekend: First Book of the Year, hosted by Sheila, at Book Journey. On January 1, my selection will appear on that blog, and also here.
- Check out my First Books of the Year page, which features books from 2014 and forward.
- Now that Aubrey’s Prague semester is almost over, she occasionally takes time to kick back in PJs with her roommate.
- New Year’s Eve: before the big Take Down of the decorations, I plan to eat popcorn and watch movies…and at midnight, have some Champagne with Dick Clark’s Rockin Eve 2018…
- Why was it fun to bring out the Christmas decorations…but now that the holiday is over, procrastination rears its head whenever I think about packing them away in the bins?
Here’s to a Happy New Year…and Peace on Earth…