Welcome to our last Thursday Coffee Chat before Christmas. I decided to pair my coffee with a Christmas cookie, which was one from a package I bought…yes, I buy my cookies! Baking takes too much time and counter space. Anyway…check over at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are chatting about.
This week has been flying by. I did binge-watch the ten new episodes from The Ranch…and every time I watch it, I vow to stop. I can’t stand some of the characters…lol. But I do enjoy Debra Winger and Sam Elliott. Is it my age? The youngish guys are just idiots. My own youngish adult children like this kind of humor, though, so it must be my age and my generation.
- I watched Ellen DeGeneres today, and one of her guests was Barbra Streisand (speaking of age!). Barbra has a new Netflix show (The Music…the Mem..’ries…the Magic) that begins tomorrow.
- The other night I recorded The Year: 2017, and if you haven’t seen it yet, you might want to watch it in bits and pieces. We already know it was a horrific year, with violence from people and nature…but to see it all unfolding…it was almost overwhelming.
- I’m going back to watching Hallmark Christmas movies now, just to get past the angst.
- Only one book read and reviewed so far: Snap Judgment (Samantha Brinkman Book 3), by Marcia Clark (click for my review). I loved it, just as I’ve enjoyed the first two books in the series.
- One of these days I hope to read Without a Doubt, her book about the O. J. Trial.
- Currently reading: Wonder Valley, by Ivy Pochoda; halfway finished.
- Earlier in the week, I started reading Sing, Unburied, Sing, by Jesmyn Ward…but gave up on it after the first chapter, which is really unusual for me. Obviously I’m in the minority, as I see many rave reviews about it, and it won prizes. So…I guess it’s me, not you, little book. LOL. I didn’t connect with the narrators at all. I do normally love the themes, though (drug abuse, dysfunctional family, poverty, etc.).
- Does it seem as though I’m apologizing for not loving what little I read of the book, or that I gave up so quickly?
- Moving on. Yesterday I downloaded a new release that I’ve been eyeing: The Girl in Times Square, by Paullina Simons.
- On a lighter note, last week I mentioned my plan to change up my nail color…which I did. If you’ve already seen the photo on one of my other blogs (or Facebook, lol), I apologize for the repetition.
- More photos from abroad: Aubrey had a friend capture this cute photo of her and my eldest son (her Uncle Craig) in a snow globe…
- Here on January 1st, I will be showcasing my First Book of 2018. The event is hosted by Sheila, at Book Journey.
So…that’s it for today. Come on by and let’s chat.