Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
As much as I dislike hearing Trump speak, I did record the SOTU address to watch afterwards…so I could FF through parts of it, as needed. As it turned out, I didn’t use the FF button…I was fascinated with studying the audience, especially Nancy Pelosi’s dignified and polite disengagement. I think that was what her body language told us. The Congress women all in white were great, too. My takeaway from it all: it was an attempt from him to seem bipartisan, but with little digs and veiled threats. For example: If Congress wants legislation, they must give up their “ridiculous investigations.”
- This morning, I watched Stephen Colbert from my DVR. He always cheers me up.
- Today, for some reason, I was extremely tired. Staying up past midnight to view the recording took a lot out of me. I took a very long nap this afternoon, and then started reading The Best of Us, by Robyn Carr. I do like the Sullivan’s Crossing setting.
- Yesterday I finished reading Untouchable, by Jayne Ann Krentz, the third book in the Quinton Zane trilogy (click title for my review).
- Today I finally got an e-book from the library that has been on hold for ages, it seems: The Making of Us, by Lisa Jewell:
- On Prime, I watched RBG, and loved every minute of it. Now I want some of the mugs and T-Shirts (Notorious RBG).
- I had a microwaveable turkey dinner tonight that was almost tasteless. Yuk! Then I scrubbed the microwave.
- This is one of the reasons I go out for dinner a lot! On Monday, I had this pot pie with some wine…and a book.
- I ran errands yesterday—some banking, some grocery shopping—reasons why I haven’t really accomplished a lot this week.
- I spent a few hours changing my social networking text box on each blog, removing the Google+ code. Is anyone frustrated by its removal? I never actually used it, but had it in my blog sidebars.
- Friday I am scheduled for my weekly hair styling…does this mean I am back on track after missing one week?
- My manicurist has been in Florida for two months, so I’ve had substitutes at the salon…which is all right, except I like chatting with her and listening to her stories. I will schedule a mani-pedi for when she gets back this month.
What events/books/movies have engaged you this week?