It is wonderful to enjoy a cup of coffee on a normal, post-holiday morning! Today we’ll chat about bookish and not-so-bookish thoughts, along with other whimsical things; to see what others are chatting about, check in over at Bookishly Boisterous.
The New Year’s Day started off with my First Book of the Year post.
A few days before, I chatted about my One Word for the Year: CONNECT.
After staying up past midnight on New Year’s Eve, the next day found me surprisingly eager to do a little blog visiting…and then I swept through my rooms, scooping up the decorations and storing them in their bins. I did a little cleaning up, too. I could feel the rooms perking up with pleasure at the attention.
- I finished reading my First Book, and here’s my review of it: Every Breath You Take, by Mary Higgins Clark & Alafair Burke.
- After finishing that book, I read and reviewed Be Frank With Me, by Julia Claiborne Johnson. I bought the book in March 2016, and since I was obviously slow to read it, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
- Now I’m reading (and loving) Eaves of Destruction, by Kate Carlisle. I feel as though I’m watching the scenes and characters from the Hallmark Channel, which is where I first learned of the book.
- I’m also reading (more slowly) Jane Fonda: The Private Life of a Public Woman, by Patricia Bosworth; when I went to the Amazon page, I saw that I had purchased it in September 2015. Wow! It is long past due for me to read this one.
- Many miles away, my granddaughter Aubrey is finishing up her Prague semester and enjoying a few more visits to surrounding countries. I especially love this photo, which I call Standing Tall in Nuremberg, Germany:
- Because I’ve watched half of Season One of Fuller House, on Netflix, I recorded a few episodes of Full House on the New Year’s Day marathon, hoping to feel a stronger connection to the characters. I haven’t tested it yet, though.
- Has anyone been watching the Final Season of Major Crimes? I didn’t think I would love this show so much, as I was a big fan of The Closer…and this show sort of took its place. But now I’ll be sorry to see Major Crimes end.
- This week has felt very short, because of the holiday…and also because the days have been crammed with post-holiday errands and activities.
- So…what next? Out of restlessness, I did some blog header changes:
I’m eager to turn 2018 into a year of CONNECTIONS and a year of Going with the Flow.
What will your New Year look like?