Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
Every week, I ask myself this same question: how has the week passed so quickly? The days seemed to accumulate into huge piles of activities; books, movies, and odds and ends seemed to hold me captive. I ordered a new Kindle cover for Paige last week…I wanted a different color, and I am loving the merlot.
- I watched some movies on Prime this week: Disobedience, with Rachel Weisz and Rachel McAdam; and Stuck in Love, with Jennifer Connelly and Greg Kinnear. I also got a DVD of The Wife, with Glenn Close, and watched it as soon as I got home from the mailbox. After I had ordered the DVD, I discovered that it is also available for purchase on Prime.
- I read and reviewed The Liar’s Room, by Simon Lelic (click title for my review).
- I am half-finished with The Suspect, by Fiona Barton; I am enjoying it.
- I stayed home all last weekend, so I went out on Monday to shop. After I found some new tops and a few other items, I stopped at CPK to have this pea soup with a margarita.
- One day, I was restless and a little bored, so I did some housework. That’s how desperate I was. LOL. I got over that quickly, though.
- My granddaughter Aubrey, below right, took a road trip with some friends a couple of weeks ago. They drove north as far as Seattle. As university seniors, they are having a little more fun before they have to settle into the post-graduation work grind.
What did your week look like? Books, movies, or even a road trip?