Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
Last Thursday night, I went out for drinks and dinner with my granddaughter Fiona…and the dark thoughts that were following me around last week…dissipated. What a lovely break! I had gift cards for The Cheesecake Factory, so I didn’t even have to feel guilty about spending too much money. Here is a photo, which I also showed in my Weekly Updates…I had Shepherd’s Pie, the treat you see on the bottom of the shot. Our drinks were Blood Orange Margaritas.
- I finished watching Season II of Goliath…and now I want another season!
- I’m still watching The Handmaid’s Tale, Season II…and I was afraid last week would be the final episode of the season….but according to Google, we’ll have more, with the last one coming in July.
- On Amazon Prime, I watched a movie called LBJ, which I had noticed before but hadn’t seen. Woody Harrelson played President Johnson, and Jennifer Jason Leigh was a very convincing Lady Bird. They both wore prosthetic devices and the results were very realistic.
- However…I wasn’t happy with how they portrayed Jack and Bobby Kennedy. Not at all how I recall them from the 60s.
- Today I have a dental appointment…they scheduled a series of three that will take me through the summer. Sigh.
- Yesterday I made some changes in my living area…just switched some things around: the wicker loveseat and the pub table. I like dealing with anxiety and restlessness by moving furniture. LOL. Here are a couple of views.
- I read and reviewed Surprise Me earlier in the week (click for review), and I’m almost finished with The Family Gathering.
- I went to Overdrive and found another Kinsella book that I had missed along the way…and it was available to borrow: My (Not So) Perfect Life.
- I haven’t spent much time with my other granddaughter, Aubrey, but I keep up with her activities. Here she is enjoying Nature, which I am glad about. A nice summer is what she needs before school starts again. She’ll be a college senior in the fall.
So…this week was better than last. Not that the dark things have vanished, but I am finding ways to distract myself…and surround myself with more positivity. How has your week been going?