Good morning, and welcome to another morning of Coffee Chatting…and linking to Bookishly Boisterous for those Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts.
- Let’s start with the bookish things. I’m having another delightful reading week, thanks mostly to the HOT, HOT, HOT weather, which is keeping me indoors. I’m almost finished with my third book, and the fourth one is eagerly waiting in the wings. The Comfort of Others, by Kay Langdale, is winding down, and while it didn’t grab me right away, I am now eagerly immersed in the alternating storylines of an eleven-year-old boy named Max and his next-door seventy-something neighbor Minnie. Next: The Child, by Fiona Barton; a book I’ve been ogling since, well, forever.
- Today I’m having a mani-pedi, and it’s long overdue. Well, the pedi part, anyway. I’m thinking of changing my signature color…this is what I’ve been “wearing” for ages…Thoughts?
- Does anyone else think the days, weeks, and year are flying by? If only we could banish some of the unpleasant aspects of 2017…like that guy pretending to be President…LOL.
- I haven’t watched Netflix at all this week! I finished Season I of Gypsy, and I want more! Naomi Watts does a great job. I’ve added the movie Lion to my queue, along with Shetland...and Father Brown. I’ve heard good things.
- My reading has captured me, although I have taken time out for the new season of Broadchurch on BBC, and a new season of The Fosters and a new show The Bold Type, both on Freeform.
- Today I woke up thinking about what would happen if my laptop died….and how would I set up a new one, with all the various things that I have attached to this one (requiring passwords, etc.). I do have a sheet listing my Internet passwords, locked away in a file…but I’m thinking I may have overlooked something, like my new CBS app. Does it have a password? LOL.
- I was doing one of those crazy FB memes that show our personality characteristics (as if we need an Internet tool to tell us!), and not surprisingly, mine showed that I like to be in control. Duh! That doesn’t mean I want to control others…but I do like being in control of myself and my world.
- Here’s another photo from my daughter’s honeymoon in Prague, etc., snapped by her photographer brother who lives in Prague. Great backdrop, right?
That’s my week….how is yours shaping up so far?