Lately, you’ve seen several posts about my interior world, specifically how I am shuffling things around. But what about my Tracking of my TBR Mountains? What is happening there?
I did a little counting game today, checking out the numbers. We do know that I’ve read 36 books from my purchased stacks for the period from June 2015-2016, for my Read the Books You Buy Challenge.
But how have these numbers impacted my stacks of purchased books, overall?
Let’s take a look:
Books Purchased in 2015:
Books Classified as DNF for 2015:
Books Still Unread for 2015:
Books Purchased in 2016:
54 (so far)
Books Unread in 2016:
31 (so far)
Unfortunately, I keep pushing that little “click to buy” button whenever a book I want appears. I am trying to request many of my longed-for books as review books, and I have accomplished that, to a certain extent.
HERE ARE BOOKS I RECEIVED FOR REVIEW, SO FAR, IN 2016; ALL OF THEM WERE BOOKS I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED. THE LINKED BOOKS HAVE ALREADY BEEN READ & REVIEWED:
1. After She’s Gone, by Lisa Jackson (Vine)
2. Don’t You Cry (e-book), by Mary Kubica (NetGalley – 5/17)
3. Girls in the Garden, The (e-book), by Lisa Jewell (NetGalley – 6/7)
4. Good Liar, The, by Nicholas Searle (Amazon Vine)
5. Miller’s Valley (e-book), by Anna Quindlen (NetGalley – 4/5)
6. Multiple Listings (e-book), by Tracy McMillan (NetGalley – 3/8)
7. No One Knows (e-book), by J. T. Ellison (NetGalley – 3/22)
1. A Girl’s Guide to Moving On, by Debbie Macomber – (Amazon Vine)
2. Girls, The (e-book), by Emma Cline – (NetGalley – 6/14)
3. Where I Lost Her (e-book), by T. Greenwood – (NetGalley – 2/23)
1. Children, The (e-book), by Ann Leary – (NetGalley – 5/24)
2. Most Wanted (e-book), by Lisa Scottoline – (NetGalley – 4/12)
3. Perfect Neighbors, The (e-book), by Sarah Pekkanen (NetGalley – 7/5)
1. Cruel Beautiful World (e-book), by Caroline Leavitt (NetGalley – 10/4)
2. June, by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore (Amazon Vine)
3. Mother Knows Best, by Karen MacInerney – (Amazon Vine)
4. Three-Martini Lunch, by Suzanne Rindell –(Amazon Vine)
1. All the Missing Girls (e-book), by Megan Miranda – (NetGalley – 6/28/16)
2. I Almost Forgot About You, by Terry McMillan – (Amazon Vine)
3. Ink & Bone (e-book), by Lisa Unger (NetGalley – 6/7)
1. All Is Not Forgotten (e-book), by Wendy Walker – (NetGalley – 7/12)
1. Beach Blues, by Joanne DeMaio (Author Request)
2. Tuesday Nights in 1980, by Molly Prentiss (Amazon Vine)
Balancing the reading of my review books against those purchased is a challenge, but when I remember that these review books would otherwise have been on my “purchased” lists, I feel better.
Do you play games with yourself, adding up your purchases and examining what you’ve accomplished? I know that there would be NO BALANCE in my life if I didn’t keep an eye out.
Which doesn’t mean that I won’t keep “clicking to buy”!