Welcome to another Coffee Chat! Let’s hop on over to Bookishly Boisterous, and link up.
- Today (August 31), is my DIL’s birthday, exactly one week after her husband’s (my youngest son).
- A year ago, my granddaughter and I traveled to the northernmost part of the state to visit them and celebrate on their birthdays. (Below), see the beauty we enjoyed during that trip.
- This week, I’ve been catching up on my reading. I finished a print volume that was sitting on my nightstand, as it was too hefty to take with me when I went out. (Home, by Harlan Coben – click for my review). Two other books I finished were, of course, Kindle books: (After She Fell and The Good Daughter). When I think of how I resisted the Kindle! Now I can’t imagine life without it.
- However, occasionally I find hardcover books on the bargain table…and some books I want are not available in the e-book format. I’m still waiting for my copy of Did You See Melody?, by Sophie Hannah. I think it must be coming by pony express! Oops, I just checked the tracking number, and it arrived today! Yay!
- Because Bloggiesta is coming (Sept. 21-24), I’ve been working on my Curl up and Read blog. New theme, header, and background…so far. I tend to get carried away.
- My DVR is primed to record two favorite shows tonight: Younger and The Sinner. Plus, the movie Jackie. America’s Queen, one of the books I’m reading (in print format) is about Jackie.
- See (below), another bookshelf is filling up with recent hardcover purchases. To the right, in the hallway, you can see my shelves of DVDs.
- It may be time to do another purge!
- It’s not that I’m resisting the purge, but the last time I did major culling, it was two years ago, and I literally took away hundreds of books. I had empty bookshelves in the garage, some of which I’ve given away, too.
- I do want to continue surrounding myself with shelves of books…so I just have to decide when I have too many.
- I’ve never been good at deciding the difference between collecting my books…and hoarding them. I tell myself that, as long as they look nice on the shelves, I’m okay. LOL.
So…things to think about. What are you reading, pondering, or enjoying this week?