Good morning, and welcome to another chat featuring our Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts, hosted by Christine, at Bookishly Boisterous.
Let’s grab some coffee and chat!
I can’t believe how late I slept today! Eight o’clock! That’s unheard of for me. I must have needed the sleep.
- In my little office alcove pictured at the top of this post, I spend some cozy moments: writing blog posts, visiting other blogs, and, yes, connecting a little bit on social media.
- That alcove has gone through a few changes over the years. Once upon a time, it was a place for my extra bookshelves…
- When I started purging shelves, I didn’t need that space for books…and when I had house guests staying in the office/guestroom, I knew that I needed to render the space more comfortable for them. Now I can easily unfold the sleeper sofa. My desk area that took up a lot of space in the room has now been relocated to the alcove, but with a smaller desk…(See below for former home of the rolltop desk).
- Enough about my room changes! After reading and reviewing THREE books so far this week, I am totally engaged in another NetGalley ARC: Almost Missed You, by Jessica Strawser. I like books that reel me in from the start, and this one definitely has done that.
“Almost Missed You is a skillful, insightful debut: a deft exploration of the mysteries of marriage, the price we pay for our secrets, and just how easy it is to make the worst choices imaginable.” —Chris Bohjalian, New York Times bestselling author of The Sandcastle Girls and Midwives…
- Has anyone else been watching Big Little Lies on HBO? I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy it, since they changed the setting from Australia to Monterey, CA…but the cast makes up for that, IMO.
- This week has flown by…again! But tomorrow I’m looking forward to a lunch with an old friend who has been through some health challenges recently. We’re going to The Red Lobster, where I used to lunch a lot when I was working near there.
- Some time this weekend, I must start searching for my “mother of the bride” outfit…I can’t tell you how much I am NOT looking forward to the shopping, as it means I’ll probably need to go to the mall. Can’t I order it on Amazon? LOL
- I also have to get new shoes….Groan.
- I put the Uber app on Phoebe, my iPhone…as my daughter says there will be no parking at the home where they’ll be having the reception the next day, back here in our city. I’m a little nervous about Uber...
That’s my week so far…what does yours look like?