Good morning! It’s time for Coffee and Chats…and today we’re joining Bookishly Boisterous for Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts..
- Whew! What a hot week so far! Triple digits all the way. But wait! It is going down to 99 next Wednesday.
- Early this morning, however, it was 80…so I went out to run an errand to Kaiser to pick up meds and get back home before noon.
- As long as the AC works, though, and as long as I don’t have to go out in it, I’m okay. I got a lot of reading done last week, which was also very hot…and read FIVE books.
- This week, I’ve read and reviewed two books so far: The Bookshop at Water’s End, by Patti Callahan Henry (click for review), which made me feel really cool; and Love Letters, by Debbie Macomber, a book set in Cedar Cove (click to read review).
- On Netflix, I watched Season Six of Offspring, an Australian show about a 30-something woman who is an Obstetrician, and we get to watch her crazy dysfunctional family (and crazy staff at the hospital!).
- Then I started watching a show called Gypsy, starring Naomi Watts, a therapist who goes outside the lines to interact personally with the people in her patients’ lives. Interesting and dangerous! I’m halfway through the first season.
- Has anyone ever watched a commercial that is so annoying that you want to throw things at the screen? Here’s one that keeps showing over and over for Toujeo. The guy wants to get back in his groove, but I just want him to stop dancing everywhere, with that goofy look on his face, even at work…LOL.
- On the weekend, I saw the movie The Hero, starring Sam Elliott. It’s a Sundance production, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here’s the review I wrote about it: Monday Potpourri: A Surprising Sunday.
- Before the movies, I had a salad…and this dessert.
- The theater (which was not my neighborhood one) had been upgraded with wide aisles and reclining seats, which is the trend in theaters these days, but this was the first one I’d been in with these features.
- My neighborhood theater plans to serve alcohol soon. That could be good…or not. I hope they put in the reclining seats, though.
So…that’s my week so far. What does yours look like?