Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
Another day of coffee and chatting! I missed last week, because it has just been like that lately. I have been reading, though, and even finding old and neglected books on my shelves to share. Like Mrs., by Catilin Macy, which was on my shelves for two years!
Yesterday, I finished reading Something She’s Not Telling Us, by Darcey Bell, and it definitely distracted me from all the disease and disinformation that are plaguing us.
- Today I posted my Books from the Backlog event at Carole’s Random Life of Books. I found another neglected book from 2018!
- Meanwhile, I’m reading another newer book: Redhead by the Side of the Road, by Anne Tyler.
- Yesterday I finished watching Little Fires Everywhere...and I wanted it to keep going! But it’s done, unless they bring another season. But that will take forever. Nothing will be in production for a while!
- Today would be the time to watch another episode of The Good Fight, but they have taken a break until the end of the month, when they plan to finish producing the season.
- I find myself scrolling through titles on Hulu and Netflix and Amazon Prime. Thankful for those sites!
- Even soap operas are running out of episodes that are in the can! Soon classic episodes will appear.
- Meanwhile, meals are delivered, and I just got my breakfast:
- I am missing outings and shopping, but I definitely don’t want those things to open up until this is over…if it ever is!
How are you handling your “sheltering in place,” if you are still immersed in it? Introverts like us do have an advantage, don’t we?