Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
With temperatures in the 80s most of last week and into the current week, I am sad that we’ll be up in the 90s again starting tomorrow. Sigh. But, as I told someone the other day, I’ve lived here in the Central Valley for 45 years, and I should be used to it. Long hot summers, short falls, mild winters.
- I have had a great reading week so far. First I read and reviewed a NetGalley ARC of The Lies We Told, by Camilla Way (Release Date: 10/9). (Click title for my review).
- Today I finished reading Fear: Trump in the White House, by Bob Woodward. (Click for review). A brilliant read that kept me glued to the pages, even as my fears ratcheted up with the growing chaos that surrounds the man.
- Now I need something lighter, so I picked up a recent acquisition: Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties, by Camille Pagan: a hilarious and hopeful story about a woman on the verge of a nervous breakthrough.
- I am happy to report that, despite last week’s failures, my coffee pot is now behaving very well. But I have an extra pot now, one I bought during that “off day.” I also have a page bookmarked on Amazon where I’ll order a new pot, if need be. One that might behave well, according to recommendations. After all, our technology should not be in control!
- Speaking of technology, while I’m loving Paige, my Oasis, I am realizing that when I hold it in such a way that I can keep control of it, I now have a pulled muscle and pain in my left shoulder! There might be other reasons for the shoulder thing, but I know the pain is worse after a day of reading. Sigh…
- I’ve stayed in most days this week, but on the weekend, I enjoyed soup, salad, and a slice of Quiche. I also relished a pumpkin spice muffin.
- I finished Season 6 of Wentworth...loved it! As always, it ends with a cliffhanger that will have me longing for a new season.
- I also finished Season 2 of Ozark. At first, I wasn’t feeling it, but then it sucked me in.
- Tonight brings another episode of The Sinner.
- I am still waiting for the movie The Wife to come to town…so far, nothing.
- I’m thinking of going to see A Simple Favor, with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively.
So…that’s my week so far. Do you have books, movies, and adventures ahead?