Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
Today I have been enjoying an old movie, triggered by a book I found on my TBR shelves: Fallout, by Sara Paretsky.
- Naturally I had to search the Internet for an old favorite movie, based on the series: V.I. Warshawski, starring Kathleen Turner. There is something so tough and appealing about this character, and Kathleen Turner does it so well. Because the movie is set in the 1990s, there are interesting furnishings in her apartment in Chicago, like an old hall tree, landlines in bright red, and red high heel shoes that are a special fetish of the character.
- I have seen the movie many times, and even owned the VHS tape, back in the day. Now it is on Amazon Prime!
- Do you enjoy plumbing the depths for old books and movies? The book I have yet to read (from the series) is not that old, but now I am sure that it will take me back to times I enjoy.
- My other obsessions this week have included changing around my bathroom and bedroom…so that I can finally add another bookshelf!
- In order to fit the bookshelf in, I had to move a few things into the bathroom, like the chest of drawers that had been in the spot now designated for the shelf.
- Now…for word on my Block Editor efforts! I think I have figured out a few tricks that work for me! Let’s hope they are not simply a fluke.
How is your week going? Are you enjoying special books, movies, or outings? I am also planning an outing with my granddaughter for Saturday, as she is moving to Wyoming for the summer!