Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
On the day after the frightening events of yesterday, January 6, I am still stunned, although not really surprised, either. We all knew that insurrection was bound to happen when #45 sent so many messages to his followers, urging them on. Now I wonder: will there be ANY consequences?
On the brighter side, two new Georgia senators promise changes ahead.
- I am trying to follow my One Word of HOPE…and take it all a day at a time, too.
- I am reading an interesting book: Shelter in Place, by David Leavitt, in which the characters are hoping to recover from what they consider the greatest political catastrophe of their lives: the 2016 Presidential Election. An interesting “time capsule” moment, in view of recent events.
- I wonder how things would have transpired if that event had not happened at all?
- Meanwhile, moving along, I finished reading and reviewing my First Book of 2021: Piece of My Heart, by Mary Higgins Clark/Alafair Burke.
- On January 5, my youngest grandson turned 18! Imagine that. I still remember him fondly with his head of curly hair…Because of Covid, I wasn’t able to see him on his birthday…sigh.
- What lies ahead for us? Other than reading and blogging, I am trying to survive each day, alert, and without burying my head in the sand about the potential hazards, both from the virus and from the political environment.
- I did love watching the latest episode of This Is Us. I still love that show, after all these years.
- A new movie is now on Netflix: Pieces of a Woman, a film that promises to be heart wrenching.
My favorite activities when I am stressed: books and viewing. What do you look forward to during stressful times?