Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
As I sip my morning coffee, which is tasting better and better these days, I am feeling more hopeful. Despite the news some days, and despite the outrage and bitterness that still lurks everywhere. A light at the end of the tunnel?
Meanwhile, I have discovered HBO Max and I’m loving several shows.
- First I found The Flight Attendant, based on Chris Bohjalian’s book which I loved a few years ago.
- Then, today, comes a movie with some of my favorite stars: Let Them All Talk, with Meryl Streep, Candice Bergen, Diane Wiest, et al.
- I do love how a great book or movie can pull me out of the doldrums. I had a great reading week so far, with three read and reviewed! Currently, I am reading Goodnight Beautiful, by Aimee Molloy, and loving it.
- This new sweater arrived in the mailbox a few days ago, and it is warm and cozy. That’s not a photo of me wearing it, though, lol. I am too shy to ask someone to take a photo, and my selfies only work on face shots.
- How is it Thursday already? I cannot believe the passage of time right now, but I heard someone say that there is actually something real about how that works, the older we get. Hmm.
- I am a little sick of Christmas shows and movies, though; they have been playing on Hallmark since July, so I am ready to move on!
- But…I did enjoy reading the Christmas Shopaholic book this week.
- And, in other news, First Book of the Year 2021 has been launched:
- My pick for the event arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. More on that later!
Enjoy your week and your books, and stay safe and sane!