Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
As I sip a cup of coffee in my apartment today, I am savoring the coziness around me. All that isolation led to changes in my surroundings, which resulted in this cozy feeling. We continue to eat in the dining room on alternate days, and oddly enough, that is okay with me. I don’t crave the full dining room and numerous residents around me. Funny how that worked out!
- Almost every day I receive some kind of package…or even my groceries from the local market, compliments of Instacart on my iPhone. Today will be another grocery day, and I have my list ready.
- My reading has been enjoyable this week. Two books read and reviewed so far, and one of them was an ARC for a book that will be released on 7/14/20: What You Wish For, by Katherine Center, which I loved!
- I also enjoyed reading The Half Sister, by Sandie Jones.
- I am currently reading The Swap,which is really good so far, and my new Kindle cover makes reading more enjoyable. So does the coffee.
- Of course I miss family and friends…and outings. But if I stick to my day at a time routines, I manage. I hope the rest of you are staying safe!
- Some days, however, I want to jump on a Magic Carpet and find a New Normal that almost resembles the old one. Hang in there!
Enjoy your week, and stay safe!