Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
I am a day late for my coffee chat, mostly because I have been reading. And rearranging stuff. Loving my books this week! Also, living in small spaces changes up how I do things. Like clearing out drawers and shelves sooner rather than later because there isn’t room for everything! I acquired more bins, and while they take up their own space, they can be stacked nicely, like these wicker ones under the bathroom sink.
- My nightstand drawer was full of STUFF, so I spent some time this morning going through things…and yes, tossing some things out! Do I really still need those brochures the doctors gave me for my surgery, done last November?
- Of course, there is always the possibility that I might toss something that I will need later. But fortunately, most things can be retrieved online.
- I have also been organizing my photo files on my laptop…and what a task that has turned out to be! Do I really need to save every photo of food and drinks? LOL.
- So far, I’ve read and loved two books this week, and I’m almost finished with the third, which is sooo good! The Closer You Get, by Mary Torjussen.
- I reviewed The Flatshare, by Beth O’Leary; and This Is How I Lied, by Heather Gudenkauf. Loved them both!
- I am also playing around with Bitmoji and creating new Bitmoji Me enjoying things, like wine.
- I miss the purple in my hair, but salons are a thing of the past nowadays. Who knows how long it will be for future salon visits? And have you seen my nails lately? LOL.
- I am enjoying the alternating days in the dining room, and loving the space between tables…and realize that the Old Dining Room was a bit overcrowded and sometimes conflict-ridden. Now we are peaceful and happy to be there.
- Today is a day for meals in the apartment, with our food brought on trays; I enjoy those days, too. Not having to go anywhere. I will also order some groceries from Instacart, so I can have goodies for the weekend. And food to supplement the still not-so-great meals they serve here. Sigh. One thing about going to the dining room, however; we can ask for substitute items there!
So…my plan for the weekend and the week ahead: be more in the moment; stop complaining so much about things I cannot change; and enjoy my books! What are your weekend plans?