Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
It is way past time to gather for another coffee chat. The weeks have been unfolding, while events around us are still uncertain. As usual, when I feel everything is out of control, I hunker down in my space and do a little more movie watching…and some redecorating. Yes, minor things, like a new corner cabinet in the entry way, and a few rearrangements there.
- First I added the new shelf in the corner (left), and then rearranged the rest of the entry way:
- I’ve been adding more books to my shelves, both read and unread. Here is the latest look at my TBR Shelves (new books unread!):
- I’ve been shelving more new books as I read them, and also adding the books that I bought to reread:
- Next week, the residence will gradually be opening up the dining room for us in a staggered fashion, with social distancing. Alternating days between the dining room and our apartment dining. We’ll see how that goes.
- This week, I enjoyed reading and reviewing A Good Marriage, by Kimberly McCreight; and today I started reading The Sea of Lost Girls, by Carol Goodman. I’m thoroughly enjoying it so far.
- Yesterday I set up a little snack for myself in my apartment, with mini-quiches and a glass of wine. The snack had been in my freezer, brought over on Mother’s Day by my daughter, so it seemed appropriate to take time now to enjoy it.
That was my week…what did yours look like? Are you gradually experiencing the outside world? Carefully, slowly? Stay safe.