Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
It has been a couple of weeks since I posted a Coffee Chat. I’ve been sidetracked onto other events, both bookish, etc. My Post-It notes reveal much about my viewing habits lately…and also the books I have pre-ordered. My regular viewing now includes I Know This Much Is True, based on the Wally Lamb book. New episodes come on Sunday nights.
- I continue to love The Good Fight and Mrs. America. Tonight I started watching a series that I have savored in the past: Lipstick Jungle, which I found on Amazon Prime. I used to have the boxed DVDs. Sigh. I am drawn to comfort reads and viewing lately. Familiar books and series. I have added more old favorite books to my shelves, too, like Anne Tyler’s The Clock Dance.
- This week I have read and reviewed The Girl in White Gloves, by Kerri Maher; and Little Secrets, by Jennifer Hillier.
- Today I started reading Jennifer Weiner’s memoir called Hungry Heart. I’m really liking it so far. I can add it to my list for the Nonfiction Reading Challenge for which I have already completed four of the six books I signed up to do.
- My shelf is filling up!
- Since we can’t leave our apartments, except for scheduled walks in the courtyard, I am keeping those packages coming from Amazon. This week I bought some new shams and pillowcases to cheer me up. They make reading in bed more fun.
- On Sunday, I enjoyed a cranberry juice mimosa. My daughter sent over a bottle of Champagne, along with a bottle of wine, which I haven’t opened yet.
I am continuing to focus on a day at a time, and choosing comfort reads, viewing, and other activities. How have the rest of you been staying safe and well?