Good morning! Let’s gather around with our caffeinated beverages to chat about our weeks, our books, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are sharing.
I overslept today! Waking up at 6:30 felt good, though, and I had just enough time to wash up for breakfast. Afterwards, I took a nice shower and watched the Season Four’s first episode of The Good Fight. Loved it! I always enjoy that show.
- Yesterday, another episode came for Little Fires Everywhere, and we took a step back in the story to see what brought our characters to where their lives are today.
- We have had rainy days this week, so I’ve been curled up with books and movies. This week I’ve read and reviewed The Watergate Girl, by Jill Wine-Banks; and Cross Her Heart, by Melinda Leigh.
- Now I am reading The Sea Glass Cottage, by RaeAnne Thayne. I also hope to start my hardcover version of The Girl in White Gloves, by Kerri Maher. I love finishing those hardcovers and paperbacks so I can add them to my shelf. Whenever I add another book, I rearrange the shelves a little.
- Yesterday I got another book in the mail, a hardcover version of a reread that I “lost” in my move: The Jane Austen Book Club, by Karen Joy Fowler.
- I also added the movie to my Amazon Prime Video queue.
- Loading up my shelves, adding to my streaming queues, and blogging a lot…these are all activities that help distract me from the world in which we now live. Here’s hoping that the social distancing will do its part in taking us beyond the nasty virus.
How are things in your corner of the world? Staying healthy and safe, I hope. Reading, blogging, having movie nights while “sheltering in place”? Hang in there!