Here we are again, rambling on about our thoughts, our feelings, and our perspectives. Join our host at Bookishly Boisterous, to see what others are chatting about. Let’s grab some coffee and share.
Throughout my week, I have been relaxing with reading, movies, and binge-watching Virgin River on Netflix. I’ve signed up for the Goodreads Challenge, and I’ve read three books so far since January 1. I wish I had not spent so much time on a book I would rather not have read. Normal People had some interesting aspects, but I didn’t like the writing style.
- Right now, I’m enjoying The Playground, by Jane Shemilt. I’m also doing something unusual for me: reading another book at the same time, but since it’s nonfiction, it works. America’s Reluctant Prince, by Steven M. Gillon, is the life of John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- My second son and his wife are in New Zealand, and also will be visiting Australia this week. His daughter Aubrey will be living in New Zealand for a year. Here are a couple of photos of their Hobbit Village adventure.
- I’m envious of their time together, and also, it’s summer there, which I have a hard time wrapping my mind around.
- In my Weekly Updates this week, I wrote about how I added another little chest of drawers to my apartment, and I am loving how much easier it is to deal with my clothes!
- Who knew that my tiny little “distressed” chest of drawers could make my life easier. Below, left, see the white dresser. Between the two pieces, I can store everything I own here. With the help of my little cubby (on the right) that mimics a closet, of course.
This is how my New Year is shaping up; what does yours look like?