Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
After spending some time rearranging things on my blogs, I felt like reading some of the books that have been languishing on my shelves for a while (mostly my Kindle). Today I read and reviewed Kristan Higgins’ book Good Luck with That, which I enjoyed. Then I started reading Best Beach Ever, by Wendy Wax, which I bought in May 2018.
- In my new residence, I am finding ways to work around the food issues by requesting things that are not on the menu…lol. Sometimes it works.
- It also helps to befriend the kitchen supervisor!
- Last weekend, I had two outings in local restaurants, thanks to my son Brett’s visit here. On Sunday I had spaghetti, half of which I brought home for the next day. Does it seem like spaghetti would be a “forbidden item”? For some reason, I have no problems with it.
- I haven’t had any doctor visits for a couple of weeks, but that reprieve is about to end. I have an appointment for an ultrasound on Monday. But my granddaughter Fiona is taking me, and then we’ll have dinner. I like combining these “unpleasant” outings with something we’ll enjoy afterwards.
- My new best friend is Amazon! I’ve always enjoyed ordering from them, but receiving items in the mail is a real treat these days. It is especially helpful since I can’t jump in a car to go shopping like I once did. I’ve ordered all kinds of items to set up my little household. Things you might take for granted, like ziploc bags, saran wrap, paper clips, and a stapler. Also…books! This paperback is one I’ve been waiting to buy.
- My granddaughter Aubrey is settling into her new “home” in New Zealand. I am eagerly checking her FB page for photos. Nothing so far!
How has your week unfolded?