Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
I have had another week full of appointments and changes. Before I have my surgery, I wanted to make sure to finish surrounding myself with favorite things to make this place feel like home. Today my granddaughter took me to another round of appointments, we had lunch, and then she hung more photos to finish out my personal look.
- Here she is enjoying pizza and salad, while I savored my favorite split pea soup.
- Then she hung some of my personal favorites, which included a few pieces of Mary Engelbreit’s art…and photos captured by my eldest son when he was living in Ireland years ago.
- My reading has been enjoyable this week. I read The Perfect Wife, by J P Delaney…click the title for my review. It is an ARC that will be released on August 6.
- I am currently reading Keeping Lucy, by T. Greenwood, an emotional journey that keeps me thoroughly engaged. It is another August 6 ARC, and is a “heartbreaking and uplifting story, inspired by true events, of how far one mother must go to protect her daughter. “
- I’m still loving Big Little Lies and The Handmaid’s Tale.
What has your week brought you?