Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
Another week seems to be skidding by as I finished out the month of April with engaging books. In my Monthly Wrap-Up. you can view the eleven books I read and reviewed, and click on the links to read my thoughts. It was hard to choose a favorite book, so I ended up choosing two. Click on over to see my favorites…and all the other books that were also really great.
- The first book I finished reading and reviewing this week was one I enjoyed thoroughly, too: Someone Knows, by Lisa Scottoline. (Click title for review).
- Currently I am reading Dreams of Falling, by Karen White, a book that I’ve had on my Kindle for almost a year. I am loving it…and kicking myself for not reading it sooner. But sometimes we just have to be ready for a book. What I love about this author’s books are the multi-layered family stories she tells, usually including two or three generations of women who are keeping dark secrets, and this story has all those good layers.
- I’m also loving shows on TV, Hulu, and Prime: The Fix and The Village, on TV; The Act, on Hulu (Season I has ended); and several movies on Prime. I am planning to add the HBO subscription available on Prime for the month of June, as Season II of Big Little Lies is coming.
- I love this newest version of my granddaughter Fiona.
- I am happily blog-visiting using Google Chrome, and so far I’ve overcome the commenting issues.
- I have been playing around with Bitmoji again…and here is one of the images I am collecting:
That was my week so far. What did yours look like?