Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
The week got off to a great start after I had spent some time with my granddaughter Fiona on Sunday. We had lunch at Yard House, followed by time at home talking and taking photos. We have tentative plans again later this week. She works at night and goes to school in the days, so any time she can spare feels like a treasure.
- Today I Skyped with my eldest son, who lives in Prague. Because of the time difference (nine hours ahead there), we have to schedule it. He now has a job as a content writer for an online casino company, which gives him a more predictable work time than his freelance assignments. It has been almost four years since he last visited the states, so I hope he comes some time this year.
- This morning I went out to run my errands first thing so I could devote time to the Skype chat. We always talk for more than an hour.
- I am slowly reading The Next To Die, by Sophie Hannah; I am not rushing through my books this week.
- I watched This Is Us last night, and I do love this show. As more time goes by, however, I find myself with very distinct feelings about some of the characters, just as we do for people IRL. For example, Randall seems so judgmental at times, while poor Kevin struggles with his addiction; I get irritated with Randall, but feel such empathy for Kevin. And let’s face it, he is more appealing, IMO. But Randall has always had to be “perfect,” so he can’t completely relax. He has to be so responsible and has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Then there is Miguel, who tries to push his way into the role of patriarch, but he can never take Jack’s place. On the other hand, Rebecca seems so aloof, but she is probably just covering up her pain. Do any of you watch the show and find yourselves rooting for your favorites and/or dissecting the more irritating ones?
- I’ve been setting my DVR for new shows, like The Village, which starts next week. I added the show Juanita to my Netflix queue. I always enjoy Alfre Woodard.
- This week I have been changing up some blog headers, like this one on my Serendipity site.
- Earlier today, I went to my FB page and everything had disappeared except a few images at the top. I sent off a message, but then, seconds later, the page was back. Now that was either quick work, or the glitch was temporary. Any thoughts?
What is happening in your part of the world? Adventures, glitches, or annoying events?