Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
Every day this week is all about counting down to Christmas, from getting the house ready to adding sparkles to my nails via a mani.
- Since First Books of the Year is being celebrated on December 31, I’m getting ready for my “photo op” with a refreshed hairstyle this Friday, and the glittery nails above.
- My book is resting quietly in Paige, my Kindle…and as soon as my hair is styled, I’m bringing out the camera.
- Not a lot of reading is happening this week, but I did finish The Perfect Liar, by Thomas Christopher Greene (click title for my review), and I’m halfway finished with Gone So Long, by Andre Dubus III.
- I’m trying something new this week: I’ve downloaded two audiobooks onto my iPhone. Crazy, right? I started listening to Victoria, by Daisy Goodwin, and I suspect it will take a while, since I’m only tuned in while exercising…until I decide if I like listening to books enough to invest in other equipment. Tonight I downloaded another one: The Snow Queen, by Michael Cunningham.
- Both are from Libby, the Library Overdrive app.
- After my mani, I stopped in at Marie Callender’s, as I was craving turkey and stuffing. Yeah, the Thanksgiving turkey didn’t hold me through this holiday.
- For the past few days, I’ve been changing up my blogs, mostly the headers, but I also switched the themes on a couple of them. Of course, I changed some things here, and below, my Curl up and Read blog got a facelift.
- Follow my website link to check out my list of blogs, all of which had some changes in the past few days.
- Now I plan to curl up with my current read and see if I can finish it before the week is over.
How are things in your part of the world? What holiday events are keeping you busy?