Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
Good morning, and welcome to my first Coffee Chat of November. Did everyone get through Halloween okay? In the eleven years I’ve lived in this condo, I’ve never had Trick or Treaters stop by….except for when my daughter used to bring my grandson over. And that was years ago. So I stopped buying the candy, since I didn’t want sacks of it around for me to eat. I just turn out the porch light and huddle up quietly. Although I did continue watching Brothers & Sisters, which I love. I watched it all years ago, but it felt new to me in parts. I’m almost on Season IV.
- What a week…what a month! I think I have finally worked out the quirks on my new laptop, and I’m pretty comfortable with it now. With help from blog visitors, who noticed some of my comments, I’ve stopped the leaping and flying cursor…just a click or two in the settings. Yay!
- Yesterday I wanted to upload photos from my Old School digital camera, and it didn’t work the usual way…which required a chat with the online Geek Squad. Now it’s ready to go. I use my iPhone for photos most of the time, but I still like the regular camera.
- Reading…sigh. My numbers were down: only 9 books read and reviewed in October! But this week I’ve read two so far: The Neighbors and Open Your Eyes (click titles for my reviews).
- I am currently reading A Spark of Light, by Jodi Picoult, and I’m loving it. Although I have been watching more TV than I have been reading!
- I love this photo that my son Brett texted of him and his daughter Aubrey. She is a senior at San Diego State University. She is the granddaughter I don’t see as often, being way down there. We’ll get together at Thanksgiving, though.
- I don’t see my other granddaughter as much as I once did, and she lives here in the same city. She is going to school and working. Occasionally I see her photos on Facebook, like this one:
- The two girls were born in the same month and year, so they are my “twin granddaughters.”
- Today I think I’ll stay home and read. All week, I’ve had various things to do out in the world…errands, etc. I am looking forward to being cozy again.
What does your week look like so far? Enjoy!