Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
I am not looking forward to this morning: three hours in the dental chair replacing a bridge that fell out. After that, I’ll have a temporary one for two weeks. I will be eating lots of soft foods. It’s a good thing I love soup.
- Aside from that, I think I’m finally immersed in a book: I Know You Know, by Gilly Macmillan.
- On Sunday, I finished Watching You, by Lisa Jewell; (click title for review).
- Before I started my current read, I read bits and pieces of two other books, which I may (or may not) return to before week’s end: Mr. Flood’s Last Resort and Girl, Wash Your Face.
- I’m excited about two books I downloaded yesterday:
- Last Friday, I had my hair styled…and enjoyed a massage. “Enjoyed” is probably the wrong word, since it hurt a little, and the stretches I have to do throughout each day are a little bit painful. But I’m able to move my left arm more now. Sigh. I keep waiting for the bliss of total healing.
- Friday is my #2 son Brett’s birthday…below is a favorite photo from umpteen years ago…yes, infancy. I snapped an iPhone photo of the framed picture on my office wall:
- Another favorite snapshot of all four of my “kidlets,” back in the early 1990s. Brett is the one on the lower left:
- I’ve probably told this story before on one of my blogs. That sculpture is at our local university campus, and we began shooting photos of the family there back in 1979. It became “our place.” The first one, below:
- I’m loving This Is Us…and I set the DVR for New Amsterdam…but haven’t watched it yet.
- Thursday favorites: Grey’s Anatomy; Mom; Murphy Brown; and How To Get Away with Murder.
How has your week been shaping up?