Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
The temperatures have risen very close to the triple digits: 98 degrees today! We’ve almost forgotten the lovely 80s we had a couple of weeks ago. But by mid-October, I hope we’ll feel a little crispness in the air. Except for Monday when my daughter and I unexpectedly decided to meet for drinks when she was in this part of town, I’ve been holed up inside…reading, watching shows, and avoiding housework. It’s too hot! is my outcry. Of course the AC works just fine.
- Today I finally finished the book I’ve been reading since the weekend: When Life Gives You Lululemons, by Lauren Weisberger. (Click title for my review). And I’m happy to report that the last two book reviews I tried to post on Amazon worked…with no passcodes needed!
- Now I’m reading (and loving) Watching You, by Lisa Jewell. My slow reading progress can be blamed on the Lululemons book…I enjoyed it, overall, but there were slow parts and I was easily distracted. To read fast, I need a good thriller. I suspect that the pages of my current read will fly by. Plus, the chapters are short.
- I watched a show called Forever on Amazon Prime, and binged the whole first season…which is all we have so far.
- Next week is my #2 son’s birthday…and his fiancee has created a book of photos from infancy to the present, some of which I provided. Here is one of my favorites: Brett, five months of age.
- Then there is this one, with his fiancee:
- Some new fall shows have begun filling up my screen, and some old favorites will be back tomorrow, like Grey’s Anatomy, Mom, and How To Get Away with Murder. Young Sheldon is also in the line-up.
- Last night, This Is Us was on…and I just now watched it from my DVR. I love that show!
- So…reading will fall by the wayside for a bit.
- On Friday, I’m going to my daughter’s salon for a massage (my left shoulder is still giving me trouble), and afterwards, she’ll trim my hair.
What has your week brought you? Books, movies, adventures?