Welcome to another Coffee Chat, in which we share bookish and not so bookish thoughts. Head on over to Bookishly Boisterous to add your link.
Another week of up and down temps.: some triple digits, and some in the 90s. Of course, the 90s are better…but shouldn’t we start seeing some 80s by now? Oh, who am I kidding? It’s California’s Central Valley.
Meanwhile, I am loving my new Kindle Oasis (see above), which I’ve dubbed Paige, despite my earlier thoughts of choosing an “O” moniker. I had fun playing around in the Cloud and choosing to deliver various titles to my new device. Paige came registered, but without most of the content that was showing on Pippa. I actually loved being able to decide when to bring down some of the titles that have been languishing up there. My plan is to have no more than 20-30 titles on the device, giving me a chance to sort through the content periodically.
- Yesterday I had a mani-pedi, long overdue on the pedi part…and chose a reddish-purple color for fall…
- Afterwards, I had my usual pot pie at Marie Callender’s, and finished reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine (click title for review). I totally immersed myself in the story, and loved the main character.
- On the weekend, I read Now That You Mention It, by Kristan Higgins, my first by the author, and I really loved this book! (Click title for review).
- Today I’m reading The Other Woman, by Sandie Jones, and enjoyed it with coffee and a scone at Barnes & Noble, while waiting for my friend to arrive.
- I got my DMV Renewal notice in the mail, and before the end of October, I’ll be there taking the written exam, required again for me at this juncture (meaning, at my age! LOL), and I will also take care of the REAL ID stuff. I have my envelope prepared with all the necessary info.
- The confirmation hearings are going on, and I cringe when I think of what the nominee stands for. I did like seeing these protesting women dressed in Handmaiden costumes.
- On 9/11, my pre-ordered copy of the controversial Bob Woodward book will arrive: Fear: Trump in the White House.
- On Netflix, Season 6 of Wentworth has arrived, the Australian women-in-prison series. I hope to start watching tonight, but another episode of The Sinner, Season II, will also be on TV.
How has the week flown by so quickly? What was your week like?