Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
Today was one of those “early rise and shine mornings” because of how hot it was throughout the night, even with a fan blowing; I jumped out of bed at 3:30. My plan was to go into the office and turn on the computer, check out my e-mails, and maybe read a little. I did get to the supermarket in the late morning. Then I took a nap!
- Last weekend was a time for celebrating my daughter’s birthday. We had our lunch together on Friday, but on Sunday we enjoyed a brunch in her new home. I didn’t snap any photos of our food…sigh. But here is Heather having a mimosa with her friend Jessica…
- On Monday, I had a mani…and changed up my color from purple/red to blue:
- I finished reading The Perfect Couple, by Elin Hilderbrand: (click title for my review). I enjoyed visiting the setting and the characters, and the story kept me engaged throughout, trying to figure out what happened to the maid of honor.
- Now I’m reading and enjoying All Your Perfects, by Colleen Hoover. The story flips from “then to now” throughout; “it is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?”
- I started watching a new-to-me Netflix series, The Secret City, set in Australia.
- On Sunday, I did a little rearranging, but not to worry: the changes were light items that did not wrench my back. I wanted to place two favorite Mary Engelbreit cookie jars in the pass-through between kitchen and living room, and tucked next to them is my little Mary Engelbreit cottage.
- Tuesday night, I had some pasta at my neighborhood CPK, and had to bring half of it home….
- I’ve been watching Season 4 of Better Call Saul, on AMC; The Affair on Showtime; and tonight is Season 2 of The Sinner. Of course I’m still watching Sharp Objects. All through the summer, I’m glued to the DVR to see the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries series.
How is your week shaping up? Do you have favorite books, movies, or adventures keeping you occupied?