Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
What a week! Like a jerk, I lifted the vacuum cleaner up the steps from the garage, and pulled a muscle in my back. I had almost recovered by using heating pads, stretches, etc. Then what did I do? Yesterday, I grabbed a big suitcase stuffed with photos and negatives from the back of my closet…to search for some papers for my Prague son, and didn’t realize how heavy it was. Wow! That hurt, and I’m again spending time on the heating pad. Sigh. You’d think I would know by now that tugging at and lifting heavy objects leads to injury.
- Maybe I need to hire a housekeeper (or a keeper!) for vacuuming, organizing things, etc. I haven’t actually moved any furniture lately. That used to be the cause of injuries here.
- Determined to do better, I am now curled up reading and watching TV. I finished The Season of Silver Linings, by Christine Nolfi (Click title for review); and I am currently immersed in a NetGalley review ARC, Feared, by Lisa Scottoline. It will be released on 8/14. I also started reading Growing up Fisher, by Joely Fisher. I will be perusing it now and then and enjoying the photos.
- Yesterday I posted my monthly wrap-up with titles I read and reviewed in July: 12 books. I have continued to mix up my genres in a more balanced way: 5 mysteries & thrillers; 6 contemporary fiction; and one nonfiction. My two favorite books for July:
- Tomorrow my daughter and her family are flying to Michigan to stay for several days at a lake house belonging to her in-laws. It sounds restful and gorgeous. I’m envious! I expect lovely photos when she comes back.
- They just finished moving into their new house, which I haven’t seen in person yet (just the virtual tour). I’m eager to join them for a barbecue.
- Next week, we’ll be celebrating Heather’s birthday… to honor the occasion, I usually like sharing photos of her from the past: Left, baby Heather with me; and right, teenage Heather, during her “hippie” days:
- Tonight The Sinner, Season II, will be on TV. The first season was so addictive that I am eager to see what lies ahead. Synopsis:
“Detective Harry Ambrose returns to his hometown in rural New York to assess an unsettling and heart-wrenching crime — parents murdered by their 11-year-old son with no apparent motive. As Ambrose realizes there’s nothing ordinary about the boy or where he came from, the investigation pulls him into the hidden darkness of his hometown. He’s pitted against those who will stop at nothing to protect its secrets — and the mysterious Vera, who proves to be a complicated, enigmatic piece to this haunting puzzle.“
- I’m also loving the Hallmark Murders & Mysteries on the weekend.
That is my week so far…what does yours look like?