Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
My week has had some twists and turns, like the books I read. I had definitely planned to accomplish a lot more, but the heat outside and the good books inside kept me hostage in my house. I did get out on Monday for a little while, to send some mail and to stock up on supplies. Sometimes I realize that if I didn’t run out of food, I might never leave the house. Then I think of those people who are agoraphobic…and how they order their food online. Is that next for me? LOL.
- I do enjoy outings, however, and sometimes I go out to restaurants two or three times in a week. Instead of doing that on Tuesday, like I had originally planned, I went for the mail, and then went through the Taco Bell Drive-Through. At home, I arranged the tacos on a plate, poured a glass of wine, and told myself that I was creating a new normal.
- Today came around, and I was determined to go out for dinner tonight. I had even decided on the restaurant…but then a show I was watching earlier in the afternoon was interrupted by a news conference (I hate when that happens!), so I stuck around until this evening so I could watch the show on Hulu. Now that is a new low, right? But while I was streaming, I hopped over to watch a movie on Amazon Prime (After All These Years), based on a book by Susan Isaacs. I also pre-ordered Book Club.
- I did get some reading done this week. Two books read and reviewed: The Death of Mrs. Westaway, by Ruth Ware; and Sister of Mine, by Laurie Petrou (a NG ARC, release date 8/7). (Click for my reviews).
- Currently I am reading and loving All We Ever Wanted, by Emily Giffin.
- On Sunday nights, I’m still glued to the screen for Sharp Objects…and The Affair, another show I enjoy.
- Last Sunday afternoon, I saw Mama Mia: Here We Go Again, and felt myself swaying to the music, and looked around at others doing their own “dancing queen” rendition. Before the movie, I enjoyed an appetizer and a Blushing Geisha. That counted as an outing, which is probably why I’ve curled up like a recluse for most of this week.
- I was scrolling through some photos taken by my son and DIL in Prague, and loved this one. After walking around Prohonicky Park, snapping photos, they sat down here for drinks. I felt like I was right there with them.
- My daughter got all moved into her new house…and sent me a virtual tour via text. She hasn’t yet arranged the house to her liking, but all the important things are in place…like the kitchen, the bedrooms, the electronics, etc.
- She’ll want it to be perfect before she invites guests. Yeah, I’m officially a guest. LOL.
- I am so glad not to be moving right now. A few months ago, I was considering it, but hated the idea so much, I dug my heels in here…and ticked off all the things I still enjoy: the neighborhood; the amenities that I haven’t found elsewhere at a comparable price; and the thought of packing up all my books and things made me conclude that I am definitely not moving yet. Instead, I want to hire a housekeeper to help me organize.
So…that was my week. Weird and reclusive, as some might say. But tomorrow is a new day…and I might actually get out and do something. How has your week unfolded?