Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
The problem began with my car registration, which was a mess because of the smog certificate issues….they took a couple of days to work through. I sent off my late fee check, since I had missed the deadline. And then waited. Almost a month passed, with the check not making its way into my account. Calls to the DMV. No satisfaction. Then, blissfully, the check went through today. I felt freed! I had planned to go to the field office today. Luckily I don’t have to do that!
- Do you ever feel frustrated, and then something happens and you get a reprieve from whatever anxiety is sitting on your shoulders, creating muscle pain with underlying emotional distress?
- Afterwards, do you then want to celebrate? I did, and it’s Book Release Day, so I had to find some books to download. That’s how I celebrate when I’m at home. Later I might go out for a martini. LOL
- What did I download? Well, two books I’ve been hearing about: All Your Perfects, by Colleen Hoover; and Her Pretty Face, by Robyn Harding….
- Today I’m reading (and loving) Our House, by Louise Candlish, a NetGalley review book out on 8/7. What an interesting premise: a divorcing couple have a “birds’ nest” custody arrangement, with the kids staying in the house, and the parents moving in and out. Then something unexpected happens.
- Yesterday, I finished Castaway Cottage, a review book by Joanne DeMaio…(click for my review).
- Tonight, The Bold Type is on, and I’m loving this series. Three friends working in New York for a magazine…we watch their frustrations, their partying, and their love connections. Does it sound boring and predictable? Not so much. I was surprised at how much I am enjoying it.
- On Sunday, I watched the second episode of Sharp Objects. I enjoyed the book, but with Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson starring, the miniseries is even more fascinating.
- I have an episode of Dietland waiting on my DVR. I originally started watching because Julianna Margulies (from The Good Wife) is on the show…but she plays a really nasty character. The primary character is Joy Nash. Check it out here…
- I’ve been watching a lot of Amazon Prime movies…and not really discovering anything to watch on Netflix. Sigh. I’m eager for the fourth season of Better Call Saul to arrive on AMC (in August).
- As you can tell, I am addicted to books, movies, and shows. But later today, I may have that celebratory martini.
- While browsing on Facebook, I found some photos of my great-niece who just celebrated her third birthday. Is she three already? Here she is with her mom, my niece Emily:
How is your week shaping up? What creates anxiety? What gives you pleasure and/or relief?