Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
Another week is speeding by. My reading has been good so far, and I’ve also had a few outings. On Monday, I had lunch with a friend/former colleague. We do these gatherings about once a month. We catch up, we reminisce, and we rant a little about the state of the world. Sometimes it is necessary to commiserate with someone who shares your views on life, family, and even politics. Maybe especially politics.
- I read a really great book on Monday. Yes, I spent the whole day on nothing but that book (except for the lunch, of course)..it was that good. Believe Me, by J. P. Delaney: (click title for my review). The story has so many twisty elements that I was off-balance throughout.
- Then I read my second book…and it was also one that kept me engaged, but I was very disappointed with the ending. Maybe because I was so hoping for a better outcome? Tangerine, by Christine Mangan (click for review).
- Now I’m reading (and loving) The Ever After, by Sarah Pekkanen. A story about a marriage filled with secrets and lies. Lots of “feels” in this book.
- Today is the final episode of The Handmaid’s Tale, Season II. I just watched this week’s episode…and it can’t stop there! We must have additional seasons!
- Tonight I was craving Mexican food, so I went around the corner to one of my favorite restaurants and had some. Along with a margarita.
So…how is your week unfolding? Reading, movies, adventures?