Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
Good morning! Did fireworks keep you awake last night? I heard them, very loud ones, so I watched TV for a while. Then, for some reason, I fell asleep and slept a full eight hours…the first time in ages. I never go out to watch them anymore…I guess I’ve seen enough.
- My day was full of movies, reading, and plans for upcoming events, like the HBO limited series of Sharp Objects. Coming July 8, it is based on the Gillian Flynn book, which I enjoyed. Starring Amy Adams, Patricia Clarkson, etc. The hype suggests another Big Little Lies type series.
- Other people in my family had real celebrations, like #2 Son Brett & his GF Madeline. They spent their time in Las Vegas.
- I started watching the Netflix series Happyish...and it kept me engaged for a while.
- On Saturday, I finally got around to hosing off the patio. Just sweeping it down does not quite do it anymore, plus the water cooled me off, too. The patio is tiny, but when it is buried in leaves and cobwebs, it seems HUGE:
- I kept losing my signal on the TVs…so the AT&T technician came on Tuesday, and worked outside on the lines, and then inside…and so far, so good. Knock wood.
- I am frustrated with the darkness of The Handmaid’s Tale, and keep hoping for an escape for June (Offred)…sigh.
- I’ve only read and reviewed one book this week (so far): My Girls, by Todd Fisher (click for review). I loved it, though, and it was filled with gorgeous photos that made me remember Carrie and Debbie.
- I’m almost finished with Night Moves, by Jonathan Kellerman…a very twisty tale.
- Next I hope to start reading My (Not So) Perfect Life, by Sophie Kinsella…a library book due 7/18. So far I’ve managed to return my library books early.
- I’ve been noticing this third book in the Devil Wears Prada series: When Life Gives You Lululemons, by Lauren Weisberger. I enjoyed the first book in the series; the second one, not so much. But I’m willing to try again with this one. I like this opening line in the blurb: HE SET HER UP. THEY’LL BRING HIM DOWN.
So…these are my thoughts from the sidelines…what does your week look like so far?