Welcome to another Coffee Chat in which we share some bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts.
This week has been a better one for bookish things, since I’ve read and reviewed two books so far. Sisters Like Us, by Susan Mallery (a library book); and How To Walk Away, by Katherine Center: a NG ARC releasing on 5/15. (Click titles for my reviews).
- Almost immediately, I picked up my next book, The Other Mother, by Carol Goodman: another library book!
- I’ve been watching Netflix and Hulu this week, and I’m glued to the screen with Season II of The Handmaid’s Tale…except my anxiety has increased with all the dark events; these things could actually happen in our very chaotic world. (One reason I don’t usually enjoy dystopian novels; the worlds they reveal don’t seem that implausible).
- Okay, pretty depressing, right?
- On to a lighter note, I think it’s time to do some shopping. My closet could use an overhaul, and I’ve been noticing the store ads. I don’t really like to shop for clothes…but I do like new things. Retail therapy, anyone?
- This week I’ve been curled up in bed, enjoying my Netflix and Amazon Prime viewing on the new BluRay player in my bedroom:
So…here we are on Thursday again, with the weekend just ahead. I hope to see a movie…but haven’t decided on anything yet. What has your week been like for you?