Welcome to another Coffee Chat, featuring our bookish and not so bookish thoughts, hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
After such amazing reading last week (five books read and reviewed, see my Weekly Updates), I’m off to a slow start, slogging along. I did finished Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney, which I enjoyed (click for my review), and I am reading bits of Saints for All Occasions (a library book), but I keep setting it aside to do other things.
- Then I spent some time browsing my Libby Overdrive app, putting books on hold…and checking out my wait list to see the status of those already on hold…Yes, a bit obsessive…
- Perhaps I need a respite from reading.
- Yesterday I had a mani-pedi, and I loved the pampering…
- Afterwards…I stretched out on the couch (see my pedi!) to watch a movie called Motherhood, starring Uma Thurman, Anthony Edwards, and Minnie Driver. It came out in 2009, and I had never seen it. The characters were living in NY, in the Village. It was fun, although I was exhausted watching the “mom” character multi-task. “Raising kids is never easy. Eliza, a stay-at-home mom of two, hilariously finds this out in a seemingly endless day where she must plan a birthday party, deal with her scatter-brained husband, save her car from being towed, and write an essay for a parenting magazine before the fast-approaching deadline. Starring Uma Thurman, Anthony Edwards and Minnie Driver. “
- Tomorrow I’ll visit my hair stylist (daughter)…and then we’ll have lunch. It has been a while since we had a get-together. I am no longer dyeing my hair due to the allergies I’ve developed, so we’re just styling, trimming, and putting in another purple streak (I think).
- How did this week pass so quickly, with so little accomplished? Although I guess pampering myself is doing something…LOL
- I have been collecting photos of family and friends…and sharing them occasionally. I love this one of my great-niece Margaret, who looks like she is having a cup of coffee…but I’m sure it’s hot chocolate.
- And then I had fun adding this one of my youngest son, who lives on the beach…he created this interesting background for the shot:
- Tonight, one of my sort-of enjoyable sitcoms will be returning: Famous in Love…
- Earlier in the week, I settled in with Season 3 of Better Call Saul, which I had already seen on the AMC network…but I liked binge-watching it, in preparation for Season 4…which will be streaming by summer, I think.
So…these are the random tidbits of my week. What did your week look like?