Welcome to another Coffee Chat, featuring our bookish and not so bookish thoughts, hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
The week had been going pretty well here…and then I saw the news about the horrific school shooting in Florida. The world we live in seems to grow worse by the minute. What, if anything, will the law enforcement community and this country do to solve this problem that seems to have no end in sight? What can we do, as individuals?
- Okay, rant over for now. But I did seek to change my mood a bit by going for a mani…and then having a nice dinner. While I ate, I continued reading Two Girls Down, by Louisa Luna. I’m really enjoying it. Two girls go missing, and the family hires a PI from California named Alice Vega, who has a unique style…and has had positive outcomes.
- Previously this week, I finished reading and reviewing two books: The Family Next Door, by Sally Hepworth; and Lie With Me, by Sabine Durrant. (Click for reviews).
- Earlier today, I wrote a post about my One Word, CONNECT, and shared some upcoming review books I’ll be enjoying…
- My two granddaughters are having their 21st birthdays this month. Aubrey (below) celebrated her birthday on February 13…
- And Fiona’s birthday is on the 21st…here she is, showing us another version of herself…blue hair?
- At my dinner out, I had this delicious veggie pizza…I ate two slices, and brought the rest of it home. I love leftover pizza…
That is my week so far…now I plan to curl up in bed and read some more. What is your week giving you?