Welcome to another Coffee Chat, featuring our bookish and not so bookish thoughts, hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
How is it Thursday already? It was Monday…and then I looked up and here we are. This week has brought lots of tears from a special TV show. In the episode following the Superbowl, This Is Us showed how Jack died, and then Tuesday night’s episode gave us more sad moments with one of my favorite TV families. Of course I love the show and the characters, but Jack is my favorite…followed by Kevin. I’m not crazy about Randall’s wife, though…or even Rebecca, the matriarch…but after these two shows, I felt connected to her for the first time.
- Do you watch the show? What do you think?
- My reading has been good…not a lot of books (only two so far), but they were totally engaging: Exposed, by Lisa Scottoline (click for my review); and The Wife, by Alafair Burke (click!).
- I am currently reading Here We Lie, by Paula Treick DeBoard
- Does anyone subscribe to CBS All Access? I signed up for it last season, just so I could watch The Good Fight…and I loved being able to enjoy the streaming episodes. It is returning for another season on March 4. I always loved The Good Wife, and some of the characters from that show are in this one.
- Lately I am sleeping later in the mornings (7:30 or 8:00)…and taking a nap midday. Why? Maybe I am trying to escape something? Do you sleep more to escape?
- On Netflix, I finished Mindhunter...and loved it. I want more!
- On Amazon Prime, I watched Wonder. I hadn’t seen it in the theater…I’m not sure why. But it was another totally engaging movie.
- On Tuesday, I went shopping…and then stopped at Mimi’s for the French Pot Roast…again. Yum. While I was there, a woman about my age was sitting at a table nearby (the restaurant was almost empty, so conversation was possible), asking what I was reading (The Wife). She then talked about a book club she belongs to in a neighboring village, near the library, sponsored by the Sisters in Crime organization. I took down the information. Remember how I’ve been trying to find a book club?
- By the way, here’s the roast again…
- So…maybe I will try this book club. The first two books are cozy mysteries I have not yet read.
- Even as I’m excited at the possibilities, I already feel myself shrinking away from it. Why do I do that? Oh, yeah, I love how online bookish conversations are safe…and I can participate while in my PJs. LOL.
- But the whole point of my One Word CONNECT is to get out of my comfort zone…and into REAL LIFE connections.
- However, I am swept back to the 1970s and a book club that turned creepy. By the end, several of the people were moving out of the neighborhood. Does this sound like something you might find in a mystery novel? It’s a story I actually wrote (it is on my Authors Den site), which I embellished into something fictional, with enough truth to be a constant reminder of those times: Echoes of the Past.
- Not something I need to worry about these days, however. LOL
So…that’s my rather strange week. How did yours go?