Welcome to another Coffee Chat, featuring our bookish and not so bookish thoughts, hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
It has been a quick (and not that productive) week. I have been doing some Bloggiesta tasks, since it is coming on February 3-4. Typically I started early. My focus this time will be this very blog, although I’ve been making some changes on some of my other blogs.
- My Sign-Up Post is HERE.
- I have finished reading and reviewing one book, Seeing Red, by Sandra Brown (click for review). The 585 pages were more than my usual, but the story kept me engaged and there was nothing tedious about the book.
- I’m halfway finished with Fire & Fury...and The Great Alone is moving along and keeping me engaged. I am spending most of my time on the latter book, as it is a NetGalley review book.
- On Sunday, I ran some errands…and then stopped for this delicious Tomato Basil Bisque soup with a Strawberry Margarita. I was reading Seeing Red while I ate.
- I’ve added two new books to Pippa this week (so far). One was a book that came out in 2015, but I couldn’t resist downloading it when I saw one of the characters on Season 4 of Grace & Frankie reading it…and I also remembered that it was on my list! Fates & Furies, by Lauren Groff, is a dazzling examination of a marriage, and also a portrait of creative partnership written by one of the best writers of her generation.
- Then I downloaded The Wife, by Alafair Burke…a book I’ve been eyeing for quite a while.
- When I go to Facebook these days, I steer away from the angry commenters…and focus instead on friends’ photos, like this adorable one of my step-great-granddaughters who are now four: Bella and Lilly…
- Or how about my great-niece America with her kitty. She is nine:
- Then I scrolled over to my granddaughter Fiona’s page, and enjoyed seeing the new look in her room:
Already I am feeling more upbeat, with changes on my blogs; lovely books, some already read and some newly purchased; and lovely photos of family. How is your week unfolding?