Welcome to another Coffee Chat, featuring our bookish and not so bookish thoughts, hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
How is it already the second week in January? My reading has been somewhat slow this week; I finally finished my second book, and I’m now reading Anatomy of a Scandal, by Sarah Vaughan, which promises to be riveting.
- First, however, I read and reviewed I Am Watching You, by Teresa Driscoll, a page turner. (Click title for my review).
- My second book was Jane Fonda: The Private Life of a Public Woman, by Patricia Bosworth, which kept me intrigued throughout. (Click title for review). I started it last week, so it took me longer than usual (600 pages!).
- As I read the Fonda book, I started downloading some of her old movies from Amazon Prime that I hadn’t seen in a while: Klute, Sunday in New York, Barefoot in the Park…
- Then I collected the movies I already have on DVD, like The Morning After and Agnes of God…I’ll be binge-watching these.
- On Netflix, I added the movie Mudbound, which was based on a book I read in 2012, by Hillary Jordan. When I heard that there was a movie, I had to add it to my list.
- Did anyone enjoy Oprah’s speech at the Golden Globes? Powerful!
- On Monday night, I recorded Stephen Colbert’s interview with Michael Wolff...and watched it last night.
- Judging from this post, you might notice that I do a lot of TV/Movie Watching…or planning to watch. Almost as if I have nothing else to do! Here are a couple of my stacks on a table.
- My plans to binge-watch are usually overly ambitious…as I manage to read for a while, watch for a while, and then I’m off to dreamland…
- So…now I’m planning to curl up on my office couch with my book…
How has your week unfolded? Interesting books, movies, or events?