Good morning! Let’s grab some coffee and chat about our Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts. Check in at Bookishly Boisterous to see what others are doing and saying.
Watching Hallmark Christmas Movies has been helping me feel the season…and I’ve even grabbed a little joy along the way.
Netflix (and Amazon Prime) have brought some great shows…and the most recent ones I’ve enjoyed: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) and Season II of The Crown (Netflix).
- This week’s reading: two books read and reviewed so far: Little Broken Things, by Nicole Baart; and A Season to Lie, by Emily Littlejohn. (Click titles for my reviews).
- I just started reading A Hundred Small Lessons, by Ashley Hay. So far, I’m fascinated by the alternating narrators, from the elderly woman who has been moved into a care facility after 60 years in her home, to the young couple who has bought the house. ” An emotionally resonant and profound new novel of two families, interconnected through the house that bears witness to their lives.”
- Today is manicure day again…and I’m considering a new color. I do love the glittery blue I’ve had for a while, however.
- My granddaughter Aubrey has been capturing images in Poland recently. Her semester in Prague has allowed her to visit some nearby places…and one of them is very sad: Auschwitz, a reminder of what can happen when evil is allowed to flourish.
- On a more uplifting note, the Krakow Christmas Mart:
- Last weekend, my youngest grandson stayed with me while his parents were away. He set up his X-Box in the bedroom…and didn’t even leave his post for food. He munched the pizza slices I bought while continuing to play. Considering my obsession with my laptop…and with Netflix, I can’t really comment on it. LOL
That’s my week so far…what does yours look like?