Good morning, and welcome to another Coffee Chat, during which we will share some Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts. Link up at Bookishly Boisterous.
What a great Thanksgiving holiday we had! I enjoyed the gathering on the actual day, and then another on the Saturday with family who couldn’t make the Thursday event. The lunch at Mad Duck near the university was fun, and this photo right outside gives a view of the Maya Theater in the background, a new cinema in the area.
- By Sunday, I was ready to turn the page to thoughts of Christmas, and brought out some decorations. Check out one of my miniature trees, below, which has photo ornaments of my seven grandchildren from younger years. On the cupboard in the background, I enjoy sharing my little Boyd’s Bear wearing a Candy Cane suit.
- My bookish week has been a good one so far. I read and reviewed Moral Defense, by Marcia Clark, and Without Merit by Colleen Hoover. (Click titles for reviews). Now I am waffling on what to read next. I started The Cruelest Month, by Louise Penny, but I haven’t yet connected with the story or the characters. I did love the first two books in the series, though.
- Hallmark Channel has been playing in the background each day, and I’ve watched a variety of Christmas movies so far. I might have to switch things up, as I could easily be sated by the numerous offerings.
- I’m still hoping to see the movie Lady Bird, but didn’t make it to the theater on the weekend. I couldn’t seem to make myself go, between reading, TV movies, Netflix, and Christmas decorating…and just sheer laziness.
- On December 8, Season II of The Crown is coming to Netflix. I was hooked on the first season, so I’m excited.
- The other day, I had dinner at Marie Callender’s again…I chose Shepherd’s Pie, and I brought home a piece of pumpkin pie to eat with my Christmas friends at the pub table.
- I watched The Talk the other day, and felt nostalgic about seeing Carol Burnett as the guest. Her 50th anniversary celebration will be on TV this weekend.
- Now I’m off to watch more movies…and maybe read some more.
Come on by with your coffee (or tea!)…and let’s chat.