Another Thursday morning! It’s time to grab some coffee…and chat. Let’s link to Bookishly Boisterous to connect with others.
It is almost Turkey Day! Next week I’ll be joining my daughter and her in-laws for the big dinner…and then on Saturday, my second son and his youngest will drive through our city and meet us local family members at Mad Duck Craft Brewing near the University.
- I always enjoy these get-togethers, but this year’s event will be short a few family members, like my eldest son who lives in Prague; Alec, my oldest grandson, who will be back in Berkeley; Aubrey, in Prague; my second grandson and his new wife will be celebrating with in-laws; my next-to-youngest grandson lives far away, too, and hasn’t joined us for a few years. My youngest son and DIL are way up north. I think they would rather be anywhere but Fresno during the summer’s hot days or the foggy fall/winter ones. Plus…they have the beach. LOL.
- We will have to go there to see them again…soon.
- We will be joined by my daughter, son-in-law, my grandson Noah and granddaughter Fiona. We will make it a party of seven.
- Here is one of our events from years ago (2010) when all seven of my grandchildren attended. That was an amazing time.
- I love looking at my photos of times gone by.
- This week has brought some amazing books to my stack: I’ve read and reviewed two so far, one of which was a NetGalley ARC; and I’m making headway on a third ARC. They are: All the Best People (e-book), by Sonja Yoerg; Poison (e-book, NetGalley), by Galt Niederhoffer; and The Story of Arthur Truluv (e-book, NetGalley), by Elizabeth Berg.
- Monday I went to lunch with my friend/former colleague of many years; afterwards we saw Murder on the Orient Express.
- After that amazing day, I ended up staying home and indoors on Tuesday and Wednesday, catching up on DVR shows, and even watching The Talk. Their guest today was Saoirse Ronan, starring in a new movie called Lady Bird. I hope to see it this weekend.
- Now there is nothing left to watch on TV…so I will return to reading.
- I have also started binge-watching an Australian show on Netflix, Wanted.
What does your week look like so far? Come on by…and let’s chat.