Come on in and follow my journey through this past week…and have some coffee. Join the others at Bookishly Boisterous.
Just when I started to feel good about the fall weather, the horror of Northern California fires stunned me. They seemed to come out of nowhere, since we had a nice rainy season last winter. But, as Christine pointed out in her post, the rain stimulated more growth with an abundance of foliage to dry out in the hot summer. Sigh. My youngest son and DIL are north of those fires, but there seems to be no safe place these days.
- Everywhere there is disaster…and it is challenging to try to find something good in the week…or even a day.
- But…I read and reviewed two wonderful books so far this week: When We Were Worthy and Cardinal Cabin. And I’m currently reading Say You’re Sorry, Book No. 1 in the Morgan Dane series, by Melinda Leigh.
- Every day this week has been about errands of various kinds…including a big Target run last night. I like going there for all kinds of things, and even groceries, which are cheaper there than in my supermarket. I was also out of all those paper products and vitamins, etc.
- Before I went to the store, I had to treat myself to my soup and margarita combo at CPK, where I had the same one I often have, but which is a favorite:
- Earlier in the day, I actually spent some time on this exercise bike (after moving Minnie out of the way):
- Then when I walked all over Target, I realized that my seldom-used muscles were crying out their protest!
- Facebook is my go-to place when I need a distraction…but for a while today, my page did not appear. I had just the cover photo and nothing else…I came back to it later, and it was there. Whew! Then I found some of my granddaughter’s lovely photos from her Prague semester…I love this one!
So…I will savor the day and be grateful for all the good things I can find in it. Enjoy yours!