Good morning! It’s time to chat about Bookish/Not So Bookish Thoughts…check in at Bookishly Boisterous to connect with other participants.
What a week! Horrendous events seem to be coming from all sides, and our so-called leader’s response seems muted.
- It is long past time for peace and love to show itself. But until that happens, I guess we have to plod along and do our best as individuals to be kind and compassionate.
- As the events clamor for our attention, it is hard to go on with business as usual. But we have to try, so, for me, it has been a week of running around, doing errands, getting a flu shot, and trying to shop for items on my list.
- Today (October 5) is my second son’s birthday, so sending off his gift card earlier in the week was high on my list.
- Last Saturday, my second oldest grandson got married…weren’t those kids just babies the other day? Here is the wedding party: Dominic and Julia are on the far right, in case you couldn’t guess. LOL.
- As for reading, this week has been a slog. I read and reviewed only ONE book, which was a great page turner: Little Fires Everywhere, by Celeste Ng (click title for review); the book I’m reading now, The Rules of Magic, is not holding my interest that much. Admittedly, I have been distracted and keep setting it down to watch movies, etc. Maybe it will pick up.
- I’ve been recording and watching older movies, and they are definitely distracting me, which might be what I need. Or they are an escape. One of them was Primal Fear, with Richard Gere and Edward Norton. I haven’t watched that movie in years!
- Last weekend, I did enjoy the Netflix movie, Our Souls at Night. I might have to watch it again. I loved seeing Jane Fonda and Robert Redford together again.
- I am in the mood to sink myself into really old shows on Netflix, like Cheers and Friends.
- Lately, when I get up in the mornings, I seem to be going through the motions, so I try to vary the routine just a bit, to make sure that I’m really awake. Instead of turning on the coffee first, I set up my things in my office; turn on the computer; switch on Home & Family on the TV…and then go set up my breakfast tray, with my coffee.
- I have to think before I take each step, which guarantees that I am awake.
So…another day, another pot of coffee, and more reading, I hope. How is your day shaping up?