Good morning! Whew, was I ready for my coffee this morning….I stayed up late binge-watching Nurse Jackie, and then watched last night’s episode of The Sinners. Now that I’m sort of awake, let’s chat. Check in over at Bookishly Boisterous for more participants.
- I’ve finished two books so far this week: The Burning Girl, by Claire Messud; and my NetGalley ARC The Best Kind of People, by Zoe Whittall. (Click titles for my reviews). Both were engaging reads.
- Currently I’m reading A Stranger in the House, by Shari Lapena. I’ve barely started and I’m already fascinated.
- I’ve been posting excerpts from my novels now and then, and this week I continued an excerpt from Chapter One of Web of Tyranny in Creating Her Own Melodrama.
- There are more Season 7 episodes available for the Australian drama Offspring; now I’m torn. Keep going with Nurse Jackie, or take a detour?
- I recorded Hillary Clinton’s visit to The View yesterday…I’ll be watching it later today, probably.
- My second son (the LA one) is in Barcelona, headed to Prague, where he’ll visit my eldest son, who lives there, and will then help his daughter Aubrey get settled in for her college semester in Prague. She is very excited! I warned him that he might be creating another expatriate, as that is how my eldest began his European sojourn many years ago (a London semester). Meanwhile, she ended her summer here in the states with activities like this one.
- My big confession: I’ve never been to Europe or anywhere abroad…although I’ve enjoyed time in Canada now and then.
- I’m traveling vicariously through my kids and grandkids.
- Meanwhile, I love spending time around here, or going to the beach…but would love to visit the East or the South…when weather permits. I have a dream of going to BEA in Manhattan…sooner rather than later.
- Today my daughter and I are having lunch. An unexpected get-together which she initiated. Hmm. Here she is with son Noah at her birthday breakfast with him. He just started high school!
- Later today I’m having my manicure…and I think I’ll go with the glittery blue gel again. I’m enjoying it.
- I’m glad to finally leave the house! I’ve been nesting all week, changing into a series of PJs (I had a buying spree of new lounge wear last week), and just savoring my “curl up and read” time. But now I’m ready to be out there.
- Next week (September 21-24) is Bloggiesta! I’ll be working on my Curl up and Read site, and you guessed it. I’ve already started!
And that’s my week so far. I’m eager to find more books and movies to enjoy…but I think I will stop the recluse routine for a few days. What’s happening in your week?