Good morning! Let’s have a little chat over coffee. Today I brought one of my favorite Mary Engelbreit mugs, which reads: Just for Today, Be Happy. My motto for today. Join up with Christine, at Bookishly Boisterous, to see what others are chatting about.
- Sometimes the simplest things can make me happy. Like going to a sale at a favorite shop and loading up on cute PJs. Yes, I love lounging around in them, and my “old” ones were getting a little faded and ratty…sigh. Now I have several, with big Tees on top that say things like “No Coffee, No Talkie” and “Dear Coffee, Thanks a Latte.”
- After curbing my book buying impulses a little in May, June, and July, I went nuts in August and bought 17 books!
- I am making progress whittling away at my stacks, and have currently finished 79 purchased books this year. Some of them were bought in the last half of 2016…but still, purchased books moving off the TBR.
- Some might say STOP BUYING SO MANY. That will be something to work on…later.
- The book buying, the PJ buying, the focus on BEING HAPPY…all of it is to distract me from the horrible things going on in the world around us. If I can’t change it, or control it, I can try to focus on other things. Like creating new blog headers. I took a shot of my new one over at Serendipity.
- So far this week, I’ve read two books: The Truth We Bury, by Barbara Taylor Sissel, and Lies She Told, by Cate Holahan, a riveting NetGalley review book coming out next Tuesday. (Click titles for my reviews).
- Now I’m back to reading Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald, which is moving along slowly, since I keep stopping to move on over to other books. Having more than one going at a time is not my favorite way to read…but I’m doing it mostly when I have print books to read, but prefer to take my e-books when I go out.
- Sometimes I think I should stop reading ARCS, as even though I love them, the deadlines add pressure…and I start to visualize myself back at the job. LOL.
- Nevertheless, I ordered a new Vine review book, coming later this week. The deadlines are more fluid there. Happy People Read and Drink Coffee sounds like fun to me.
So…that’s my week so far. Come on by, and let’s chat!